Friday, January 25, 2013

Five Fankfuls for Friday

I got the idea of "Fankful Friday" from my friend, Gretchen. I like to steal good ideas.

I don't think she minds.

Then I added the "Five" and "for". Cause I like alliteration and numbered lists.

And I might be a little OCD.

Five Fankfuls for Friday

1) I'm fankful for Weight Watchers...for it's program that encourages healthy choices, moderation in special treats, no specific restrictions and exercise. I'm also fankful for my renewed motivation and determination to get healthier and in turn skinnier and more comfortable in "real" clothes again.

And by "real" clothes I mean something other then yoga pants.

2) This week I'm fankful for newish friends reaching out to me.  I've been feeling a little lonely lately and it's really nice to be the one reached out to instead of having to do the reaching out.

Sounds selfish but it's the truth.

3) Fankful for a day off this past Monday and that we live close enough to the coast that we can spontaneously jump in the car and head over for the day. And an extra bonus: It was gorgeous, warm and sunny there and that was much needed after the week of thick fog our town was experiencing.


4) Fankful for Pinterest.

Is that too shallow?

While I do enjoy wasting spending unknown amounts of time on there laughing at ecards, coveting dream homes, dreaming of the day I'll be skinnier enough to wear those cute outfits, I also get some amazing parenting ideas and lots of yummy recipes to make this healthy eating a little more interesting.

5) Fankful for these guys:
I'm pretty sure no explanation is necessary...

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

she doesn't mind at all. :)

I know what you mean about being reached out to, rather than being the reacher. <3